Our panel included several individuals who are currently operating successful podcasts online, including Daryn Carp & Liz Culley (Scissoring Isn't A Thing), Alexander Rodriguez (On The Rocks With Alexander), Brad Fuhr (#ILoveGay Palm Springs Podcast) and Thomas Lopez (Let's Talk About Gay Stuff)
Moderated questions included:
- How did you get started with this?
- What sets your podcast apart from some of the others out there? What makes your podcast unique?
- Who has successfully grown their podcast into a real, revenue-generating business?
- What do the revenue streams look like? Sponsorships?
A few takeaways:
- Weave your advertising messages into the content and content style of the actual show... this will make it sound more like a real message and not just an advertisement.
- Work with engaged small businesses, who you're not only promoting, but will also promote you and your show to their networks as well... the same goes for staying engaged with others in your industry, making such a relationship a true win-win!